10 random facts…
It occurred to me that I haven’t shared a little bit about myself in a while here so here goes…
1. I am obsessed with wedding dresses! If there is a marathon of ‘Say Yes To The Dress” on TLC you better believe I’m watching it. I have begged my husband to renew our vows simply because I want to start planning my wedding and trying on dresses again. Is that terrible?
2. I am terrified of dark/deep water. I used to think that it was just a fear of sharks, but even in lakes I can’t handle swimming. I tried to surf a few years ago thinking that I would be able to beat this fear. I was SO wrong. I had to have my husband drag me back to shore hyperventilating and crying with all limbs on my board. I’ve given up on all dreams of being a beach goddess.
3. I can’t chew gum. It drives me insane.
4. I love to sing, but not in front of anyone. When I was younger I tried to start an all girls band with my best friend Angel. The only problem with this scenario was that I refused to sing in front of anyone. I remember Angel gave me an ultimatum to sing in front of her. I was just too scared to do it! My solution? I turned all the lights of in my bedroom, made Angel sit on the other side of my room with her back turned and very nervously sang. That was the moment I decided I didn’t want to be in a band. Too scary.
5. Since I am thinking of music… I love listening to any 90’s alternative music, anything sad, and girly. I love A Fine Frenzy, Rosi Golan, Adele, Andrew Belle, Sia, Florence and the Machine, The Sundays, Priscilla Ahn, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Mazzy Star, The Cure, Mumford and Sons… this list could go on and on.
6. I love sunglasses. I once spent $800 on a pair… yes, silly I know. I actually still wear them, but my $10, black, cat-eyed, Audrey Hepburn inspired sunglasses are my new favorite.
7. I am addicted to this http://pinterest.com/njburnett/
8. I love waking up early in the morning when the light fills my bedroom with pretty blue tones. I don’t actually want to get up at this time, but when I open my eyes and see the pretty light I relax and am able to fall back into an extremely peaceful sleep. I always wake up so refreshed.
9. In the 8th grade I took a career test that said I should be a photographer.
10. When I first started experimenting with photography, I was immediately drawn to the shots with flare and blur. I wasn’t confident enough to keep these images because I thought that they were “wrong”. I tossed them. There was one shot that I remember loving so much… it was of my daughter’s feet. She was a newborn when I took it. She was quicker than my focus and the image came out soft. I loved it, but tucked it away afraid that nobody else would love it like I did. I’m so thankful that I never threw it away. I thought I’d bring it out today to share with you all. :) I’ve become more confident these days with accepting the ‘imperfect’ when it moves me. I’m no longer bound to the rules of photography. I’m an artist and always have been. If it’s not something that moves you then that’s fine too. I do this for me. :) Halle Sophia Burnett | March 2008